Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Enchiladas


Red peppers
onion
black beans
ground beef
zesty tomatoes
taco seasoning
Sour cream
Cheddar Cheese
Tortillas


(The only thing not in the picture is the ground beef) 


First I chopped the tops off of my peppers. I pulled the stem out and chopped the rest of the pepper from the tops in a small to medium dice. 

Next I chopped up the onion.


I actually added it to the raw ground beef because I really wanted the peppers & onions to cook for a while together.


In a separate bowl I added sour cream, shredded cheese, drained diced tomatoes with zesty mild green chilies, and some enchilada sauce.


When the onions and red peppers began to soften I added the taco seasoning.packet & then I tossed in a drained and rinsed can of black beans.. I didn't cook it for long, just enough to warm the beans and made sure it was evenly stirred.

Other added this mixture to tomato- sour cream mixture...

Then I stuffed the two peppers with this new mix & then topped them with a sprinkling of cheese. 

I then used the same filling for enchiladas. I pour enchilada sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish. I then layed the tortilla down, poured some filling in the middle, then rolled up the enchilada and put it seam down into the casserole dish. I topped it with the remaining enchilada sauce and then sprinkled the top with the last of the cheese.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes








No comments:

Post a Comment