Monday, June 24, 2013

Orange, chocolate, coconut bars


1/2C- pecans
1/3C- almonds
(Pulse until you get a consistency like this)


1/2C- dates
1/3C- raisins
Orange juice & orange zest
(Pulse until you form a paste. Be generous with the freshly squeezed orange juice)


1/2C- coconut
1/8C- MINI chocolate chips
1/2C- Rice Krispies (optional for extra crunch)

1T- Chia seed
1T- flaxseed


Mix all the dry ingredients with the date/raisin/ orange zest & juice paste. Mine came out very loose but I packed it in to a small cookie scoop- laid it out on a baking tray and put it in the refrigerator for about an hour. They firmed right up.

I love orange chocolate flavor combination and I LOVE these, I feel like I'm eating something totally sinful instead of something healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment